(9:00 a.m. Start)
Run through residential neighborhoods, past vineyards and creeks, and along country roads before returning to the park. Course is hilly.
The Laurel Run 8k – The Toughest Race You’ll Love to Run. Click here to see the route and elevation change.
- There will be FOUR water stations, plus mile splits.
- Course is USA Track & Field certified (NY12055JG).
- Finish line, timing and results by WNY Finish Line Services.
- Course records: Eddie Novara, 2011 (25:54) and Kim Vona, 2017 (30:15)
Awards: given to males and females in each category:
- Overall winner
- Cash to first 3 male & female finishers ($100, $75, $50)
- Medals to top 3 in each age group ((8-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+)
- Top 3 teams (determined by combined times of each team’s first 4 finishers)
The Laurel Run 8K is part of the 2018 Chautauqua Striders/UPMC Chautauqua WCA Runner of the Year Series. In addition, the Laurel Run 8K is one of three Diamond races in the Runner of the Year Series. Diamond races will award double points for both overall and age-group finishers. The Diamond races will also serve as the Chautauqua Striders Athletic Club championships for 2018, so Laurel Run will serve as the club’s 8K championship. The top Overall, Youth (18 & under), and Masters (40 & older) finishers will earn the club member title for 2017 and a special recognition.